Beat the 100° Heat!
Does the 100°+ heat have you down? Are you dreading those summer electric bills? Well here are some great tips on how to save energy.
- When you are away at work or out of the house turn up your thermostat to 78° or more to save.
- Better yet, install a programmable thermostat AND program it to adjust up and down as needed.
- Use fans to cool your body, but remember fans cool people not rooms, so turn them off when you leave a room.
- Close binds/shades on the south and west-facing sides of your home.
- Cook outside on a grill and avoid cooking with the hot oven or cook top.
- Get out of the house! Hot days are a great time to go swimming. Do indoor activities such as going to a museum, to a movie, grocery shopping, or to a shopping center.
Now, tell us some energy-saving actions and activities you do in the summer to save money and beat the heat!