HESP Final Opportunities—Hurry!
Durham’s Home Energy Savings Program (HESP) is about to finish up. There are still a few open spots, so hurry up and get your application in!
- Homes can be 2-story
- Homes can be almost any shape and configuration (no more requirement to be a “box” shape)
- Homes up to 2,300 square feet are allowed
Participating homes will save an estimated 20% of their home energy use. Participants pay $400 and HESP will pay up to an additional $1,600 per house.
The work done on qualifying homes includes the following:
- Sealing air leaks in heating and air conditioning ductwork
- Sealing air leaks in the attic floor and the crawl space ceiling
- Installing attic insulation
- Installing high-efficiency shower heads and faucet aerators
- Installing carbon monoxide detectors
- Installing programmable thermostats